The Software Equity Group (SEG) regularly publishes quantitative research on the software and SaaS market M&A activity. The SEG SaaS Index contains dozens of publicly traded SaaS companies. They recently published their 2022 Annual Report. It provides a ton of data on SaaS valuations and financial operating metrics.
This post contains:
- SEG Index Overview
- 2021 Dow Jones, S&P 500, Nasdaq Performance cs SEG SaaS Index
- Monthly Public Market EV/Revenue (ttm) Multiple Trends 2021
- EV/Revenue Multiple Distributions
- Quarterly Median Operating Margins & Ratios
- EV/Revenue Multiples vs Revenue Growth
- EV/Revenue vs Gross Margin
- Enterprise Value by SaaS Category
- Historical SaaS M&A Volume
- 2021 Private Equity Share of SaaS M&A
- SaaS Category Valuation & Operating Metrics
Also published on Medium.