The Software Equity Group (SEG) regularly publishes quantitative research on the software and SaaS market M&A activity. The SEG SaaS Index contains dozens of publicly traded SaaS companies. They recently published their February 2022 SEG SaaS Index Update. It provides a ton of data on SaaS valuations and financial operating metrics. The impact of the market downturn can be clearly be seen across all categories of SaaS. I have extracted a few key data points including:
- YTD Market Performance
- YTD SaaS Category Price Declines
- YTD Biggest SaaS Price Declines
- YTD SaaS Category Metrics
- SaaS Index Metrics for Top 25% by EV/Revenue
- SaaS Index Metrics for Bottom 25% by EV/Revenue
Also published on Medium.