Layoffs in startups are spiking again. In spite of a good jobs report this week, layoffs are climbing again. So far in Q2, 4,720 startup employees have lost their jobs in layoffs at 25 companies. Roger Lee maintains layoffs.fyi, which does a good job of chronicling startup layoff events.
In this article, we will discuss:
- New Startup Layoffs Since COVID-19
- Cumulative Startup Layoffs Since Start of COID-19
- Startup Layoffs by Industry Since COVID-19
- Startup Layoffs by Location Since COVID-19
- Biggest Layoffs Since COVID-19
- Ten Most Recent Startup Layoffs
The median value of SaaS companies dropped 24% in Q1. On Thursday, May 5th, the NASDAQ alone shed 5%. As Q1 earnings season gets into full swing in the next few weeks expect to see more downsizing as companies prepare for a rocky 2022.
Also published on Medium.